Monday, September 13, 2010

somebody has the case of the mondays....

BUT not me! oh man it was a pretty good monday. pretty much only things that would make me excited but thats fine. classes boring. huge 3 hour break in between classes, productive but boring until i was on my way to my music class. there was a sidewalk tent sale of things from the bookstore. i was just strolling the outside when something under the tent caught my eye. a little globe. i have been wanting a globe, just for fun so i went and checked it out. picked it up and it doubled as a pencil sharpener!! ya you are probably thing, noone even uses pencil sharpeners anymore, un contraire. i am in an art class were we have to use old school drawing pencils and i just so happen to need to sharpen.

i was super excited just for this globe pencil sharpener until my eye caught a teal beauty. . . a fanny pack!

i bet people thought i was crazy cause i just got a huge smile on my face and picked one up without hesitation and got in line. $2.68 later, my monday was awesomely complete. then i had more boring classes.

also something i have noticed about my self. i dont know if it is because i am more confident cause i am like man i have already gone through this whole getting a bachelor thing and i am just awesome but i talk so much more in my classes then i ever did in my communication - advertising classes. i raise my hand and actually volunteer answers without being called on. like today i was sitting in childrens lit and it was late afternoon and i was pretty tired, i had been up since 6 but i had been participating but my teacher was reading us a book and is was kind of lame so i was kind of dozing and in a little out of body moment and he asked a question and i immediately raised my hand and he called on me cause i was up front (which i have noticed i do that now. i am a front row sitter) but after my hand shot up i was like what am i doing i wasnt ever really paying attention but i said what i had to say, it was kind of dumb but i didnt even care.

and lastly what made me excited about today is the thought of training for a half marathon. i saw the flyer on my car this morning. it is a halloween run and it will be a cool setting. it is kind of pricey which i think is dumb but i kind of want to do it. i like the idea of training for something, i kind of feel cool. so lets see if i get the courage up to actually do it. and as i was sitting in the workout building on campus i was looking through the windows overlooking the pool and watching the swimmers and it made me miss swimming and i want to try and take it up again and go during free swim. i dont have a suit for it and they dont rent them here so this might be a problem considering it is fall now and not swim suit season. we will see what i can find.

well that was my monday.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brooke,
    I am glad I stumbled upon your blog, and I will promptly start stalking your life. I like your pencil sharpener. Also, I just did a half marathon in September. It sucked and was awesome all at the same time. You go girl.
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete