Sunday, May 15, 2011

sugar high

I love baking. Whenever i am stressed, i bake. It a gather is coming up, i bake. If i find a new recipe online, i bake. So this past winter i did alot of baking. I am starting to get really good at it and trying new things. I really like making cakes. Here are a few things that i remembered to take pictures of this semester....


I had just gotten a new pan and it makes a checkered design so you can do two different cakes at once. This one was red velvet and chocolate. I am really good a making moist cake....just saying. I just used a basic chocolate frosting and put heath bits in between the layers. It was for Harry Potter day.

This was a three layer cake again. Same deal but with funfetti. It was christmas, thus the decoration.

So one of my favorite things to do is go to the bookstore and buy discounted baking books. From one of the books this was chosen by a friend as the dessert he most wanted me to make. It is a cheesecake with cookie dough. It wasnt bad. Cheesecake isnt my favorite mainly because i can only a little bit before i get tired of it. i things that i basically can gorge my face in and never stop.

These were some Superbowl treats. There were chocolate cupcakes with a reeses in the middle and then chocolate buttercream frosting and peanut butter buttercream frosting. I was pleasantly surprised with the buttercream frostings. It was my first time making them and they were really good. Then i also made chocolate chip and coconut cookies. I love coconut but it turns out not many others do. They were ok cookies. It was my first time making them and well i couldn't stop eating them but that is mainly because im a sucker for any kind of cookie.

Cream puffs. Delicious. Crowd pleaser. I got the recipe from my friend Steve Peper and added my own little flair to it. I made them more like sandwiches and added a sliced strawberry in the middle as a little surprise. They were really easy to make and I loved them. Thanks Steve.

This was my favorite thing i made all semester long. A three layer chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream in the middle of the layers and a chocolate gauche glaze on top. It was actually not that difficult to make and i just loved the way it looked at the end. I am now a huge fan of not frosting the whole cake.



So these were the only things i took pictures of this semester which me saying i love to bake, this is a pathetic representation of it but believe me there was more. much more treats produced. Life goal: to work in a bakery and learn some real stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment